Important Safety Information
- Do not use XHANCE if you are allergic to fluticasone propionate or any of the ingredients in XHANCE. Get emergency medical care if you get any of these signs of a serious allergic reaction: rash, hives, swelling of your face, mouth, and tongue, breathing problems, or low blood pressure.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions and medications that you take. It is especially important to mention if you take antifungal or anti-HIV medicines as they may interact with XHANCE.
- XHANCE can cause nasal problems such as nosebleeds, crusting, sores, hole in the septum, and slow wound healing.
- XHANCE can cause eye problems including glaucoma and cataracts. You should have regular eye exams when using XHANCE.
- XHANCE may increase the risk of infections and can make certain infections worse. Avoid contact with people who have a contagious disease such as chickenpox or measles while using XHANCE.
- XHANCE can cause reduced production of steroid hormones by your adrenal gland, resulting in tiredness, weakness, nausea and vomiting, and low blood pressure.
- XHANCE can weaken bones (osteoporosis).
- Other side effects may include redness, pain, or swelling of the nose or throat, thrush (fungal infection of the nose and throat), nasal congestion, sinus infection and headache. These are not all the side effects of XHANCE.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
XHANCE is a prescription medicine used to treat chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps in adults.